activemq-users mailing list archives

From Johan Edstrom <seij...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Too many advisories topics created in ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 05:14:48 GMT
As Rob pointed out, there are several solutions to this, the simplest one
being as in the old joke, Dr, it hurts when I do this. - Don't do it?

You could achieve the same thing with one queue and selectors - *which could run CPU up*
You could use a temp queue per processing unit and handle a lot of messages (This is nice
for pub/sub)
You could use one queue and a bit of instanceof code (It looks a bit crufty but it is very
functional)

the faq: http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html
> Its an anti-pattern because there is a lot of broker side over head with creating temporary
destinations and consumers (as you are seeing).