activemq-users mailing list archives

From Robert Friberg <robert.frib...@pulsen.se>
Subject ActiveMQ NMS Topics with C#
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:24:16 GMT
Hi,

ActiveMQ newbie here with a few questions.

We're using ActiveMQ and NMS from C# to send and receive non-durable binary object messages
to/from a single topic.
We're broadcasting cache invalidation messages. Processes listening will update their cache
based on the content of the message.

I've wrapped a producer,consumer,session and connection objects into a single class, ActiveMqTopicClient.
An instance of the class is running within IIS worker processes across several servers on
a shared LAN.
Here's the code:  https://gist.github.com/rofr/7040657
Any feedback on the use of the API would be nice.

Question #1:
I'm passing null for the selector assuming all messages will be received. Is this a correct
assumption?
I saw some code examples using a selector of "2>1" which always evaluates to true.
The jms docs say that passing null as selector is interpreted as no selector at all. But does
that mean no messages are selected or messages are not filtered at all?
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/1.4/api/javax/jms/Message.html

Question #2: what is the nolocal argument local to? the server? the process? the session?
the connection?

Question #3: How does the nolocal parameter relate to the selector? If nolocal is false, will
the message bypass the selector?

Med vänlig hälsning/Best regards

ROBERT FRIBERG
SOFTWARE ARCHITECT