activemq-users mailing list archives

From danaR <rotar.daniel...@yahoo.com>
Subject ActiveMQ master/slave with load balancing problems
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 06:08:46 GMT
Hello,
We are using ActiveMQ 5.8.0 and In order to achieve both high availability
and load balancing, we tried to set up a configuration with a Host pair with
master/slave pairs (JDBC master/slave), as stated   here on fuse-source
<http://fusesource.com/docs/esb/4.3/amq_clustering/Failover-Combining.html>
We have a one-directional network connector on each broker, that points
towards the other master/slave pair of brokers like this:
<networkConnectors>
    <networkConnector name="link-to-b"
uri="masterslave:(tcp://host1A:62626,tcp://host2A:62626)"/>
</networkConnectors>

After having some problems (losing messages or receiving duplicates when one
of the brokers fails), we found this post
http://tmielke.blogspot.ro/search/label/missing%20messages so now we also
have in the configuration, on the queues this policyEntry

<policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="200mb"
enableAudit="false" >
  <networkBridgeFilterFactory>
    <conditionalNetworkBridgeFilterFactory replayWhenNoConsumers="true" />
  <networkBridgeFilterFactory>
<policyEntry>

and this transport connector

<transportConnectors>
  <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616"
auditNetworkProducers="true" />
</transportConnectors>

However, the problem still persists. Sometimes we receive duplicates and
sometimes messages are lost when we force a failover (we stop one broker
during a test). Our tests are very basic, one machine sends messages to a
queue while another machine consumes them from the same queue. The producers
and consumers connect to the broker cluster using the failover transport
where all 4 broker instances are specified.
For more information, here are links to our full configurations.
(the brokers are named like in the fuse-source link example)

A1:  http://pastebin.com/S6jMDtee <http://pastebin.com/S6jMDtee>
B2:  http://pastebin.com/1UUpvKah <http://pastebin.com/1UUpvKah>
A2:  http://pastebin.com/RUr6AvWy <http://pastebin.com/RUr6AvWy>
B1:  http://pastebin.com/f6ipthEZ <http://pastebin.com/f6ipthEZ>

Can anyone help with this? How can we configure activeMQ to have both high
availability and load balancing?

Thank you.