activemq-users mailing list archives

From gio2375 <gio2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Connection over FleetBroadband (satellite)
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 10:47:28 GMT
Hi all,

for our customer we have an application using ActiveMq and all works well.
Now our customer want to install it on a ship with a satellite connection.
We never tried it on this type of connection and we must to be sure it'll
works well.

In our configuration we have a broker network:
<amq:networkConnector userName="name" password="password"
name="brokerOffice" duplex="true"  brokerName="brokerOffice"
dispatchAsync="true" prefetchSize="1" conduitSubscriptions="true"
decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false"
uri="masterslave:(tcp://test1:61611?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0,tcp://test2:61611?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0)"/>

The problem is that on the ship the connection is on-demand. It means that
when a software try to connect with server on the other side of connection,
a connection with the satellite will be established in a transparently way
for the software. After that, the connection between client and server can
be established. When client or server close the connection, the satellite
connection will be stopped.
For the contract type that our client have, he pay for each satellite
connection. So, my question is, there is a way to configure ActiveMq to
remain connected not always but only for a minimal time?
Can someone suggest some way to do it?

Thanks
Giovanni