activemq-users mailing list archives

From HellKnight <>
Subject Poor performance while using virtual topic mode
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:02:02 GMT
I am using virtual topic mode of ActiveMQ in my system.However, I found that
performance degrades magnificantly if you add queues mapping to the virtual
I did some simple tests in my Envrionment, the result is as follow :
For each queue I added, it will costs the producer an extra 20 ms to
successfully send a message.
It takes 195ms to send a message when there are 10 queues.
390ms to send a message when there are 20 queues.
2100ms to send a message when there are 100 queues.

I am using *synchronous *send mode, sending *persistent *message , activemq
version 5.8.0.
By the way, It took me 20ms to send a message to a queue in my enviroment,
which made me thinking that a virtual topic will send the same message to
all queues mapping to it ?

I wonder if there is any way to improve performance while using virtual
topic mode. I don't want to use async send or send non-persistent messages.
Second Problem is : It took 20ms to send one message to a queue, which means
I could only send 50 messages per second. I think this is really slow and
ActiveMQ should be much faster. What is the normal speed of message sending
while using *synchronous *sends and *persistent *messages ?