activemq-users mailing list archives

From johnbing <bingjoh...@gmail.com>
Subject How to generate slow consumers.
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:54:48 GMT
Hi,

I am using ActiveMQ-5.8.0. ActiveMQ internally takes care of handling the
slow consumers. But i have never seen any slow consumer in my broker.
I am trying to create a slow consumer but not successful yet --

I have a test application(ping-pong) in which requester sends a message and
waits till responder respond with the reply message. and then send the next
message. So here I tried sending very big messages in (mb) So that responder
will take some time to respond, I thought responder may become a slow
consumer. But it was working properly. I have not seen any slow consumer
here.

Can someone help me here to create a slow consumer.

Thanks,
John