activemq-users mailing list archives

From dumlebert <k...@kth.se>
Subject Re: Deadlock when using XA and PFC
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:36:28 GMT
Thanks for the response.

I haven't yet checked the logs, but I have found the cause of the problem.

When increasing the overall heap of the vm, the producer is allowed to
publish all messages. I would have expected to get an OutOfMemoryException
if the producer tries to write to the queue when the broker is unable to
allocate memory. But perhaps it is a feature of PFC that it avoids such
situation by checking available memory before writing to the queue, and
hangs instead. That does make some sense I guess.

I will check the logs as you suggested and see if I can spot anything in
there.

Best,
Pontus