activemq-users mailing list archives

From Parvenza <giovanni.parve...@virgilio.it>
Subject Compiling Activemq-cpp library with Visual Studio 2012?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 17:07:23 GMT
Hi,
We're evaluating ActiveMQ (server version 5.8.0) as a replacement for
another MQ middleware we are already using.

Our applications run on win2008r2 64bit, but they are compiled with Visual
Studio 2012 as 32bit.

We saw that the Visual C++ library (ActiveMQ-cpp version 3.8.1) is designed
to be compiled under Visual Studio 2008.
We have 3 question:

1) Since we'd like to avoid the VS2012 automatic project conversion, our
first question is: are there any plans to add the native VS2012 solutions to
the library package?

2) All the apr projects are win2000 DSWs. Can we rely on a VS2012 build
under win2008r2 64bit?
Or should we be concerned about strange effects or flaws in the resulting
binaries?

3) Activemq-cpp library releases seem to be frequent. Is backward
compatibility always guaranteed?

Thanks in advance,
G.P.