activemq-users mailing list archives

From David O'Connor D <david.d.o.con...@ericsson.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 5.5.1 - Connections stuck in CLOSE_WAIT state, reaching file descriptor limit
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 10:37:14 GMT
Hi,

There has been an issue seen where ActiveMQ 5.5.1 would keep outbound connections in a CLOSE_WAIT
state, to the point where the application reaches the file descriptor limit.

The broker uses the Openwire format on TCP with closeAsync set to false.  It is also non-persistant,
storing all messages within memory.

The fault is infrequent, I've been unable to reproduce this on-demand.  I've searched and
I've been unable to see any re-occurance of this issue on the same version.

I've read that this issue was seen before in previous releases, could this be the same issue
seen?

Regards,
David