activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About JMX counters
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 21:16:11 GMT
Inline....

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:13 AM, Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza <demablogia@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I'm using ActiveMQ 5.8 and I'm having a look to JMX counters
> I only use topics as destination
>
> I've got a questions:
>
> 1)
>
> ExpiredCount is always 0,  in spite of I send all the messages with
> TTL flag ( 15000 ms a.k.a 15 s)
>
> MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(destination);
> producer.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT);
> producer.setTimeToLive(15000);
>
> What is shown by this counter ?
> Can I be sure that message are expired ?

Give a look to the individual subscriptions and not the topic itself.

> 2) MemoryUsagePortion is always 1.0  ,
>
> what does it mean ?

usage portion is always about parent-child relationship. So a subscription
using "1.0" will use 100% of it's allocation in the parent.

> 3) Sometimes I've observed counters with a negative value , how is
> this possible ?
> For example:   EnqueueCount with -4

Take a look here: EnqueueCount is a temporal value, ie, it's related only
to when the broker was started. check here:
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-find-the-size-of-a-queue.html

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog