activemq-users mailing list archives

From "David O'C" <mrdavi...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ - 5.5.1, connections stuck at CLOSE_WAIT, reaching file descriptor limit
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:32:37 GMT
Hi,

I have seen an issue seen where ActiveMQ 5.5.1 would keep outbound
connections in a CLOSE_WAIT state, to the point where the application
reaches the file descriptor limit.

The broker uses the Openwire format on TCP with closeAsync set to false.
 It is also non-persistant, storing all messages within memory.

The fault is infrequent, I've been unable to reproduce this on-demand.
 I've searched and I've been unable to see any re-occurance of this issue
on the same version.

I've read that this issue was seen before in previous releases, could this
be the same issue seen?

Regards,
David