activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Gale <paul.n.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring the JVM's tmp dir in the wrapper script?
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:46:50 GMT
Hi,

ActiveMQ 5.8.0 on RHEL 6.1

I have a suggestion for the default configuration of the Tanuki Service
wrapper script that ships with ActiveMQ: can it include an entry that
defines a default path for the JVM's temporary directory?

Example:

wrapper.java.additional.n=-Djava.io.tmpdir=%ACTIVEMQ_BASE%/tmp

Why?

Jetty outputs its compiled JSP output to sub-folders of /tmp by default.
Periodically Jetty crashes as we have a cron job that deletes the contents
of the /tmp folder. It's not safe for ActiveMQ to use a temp folder that it
does not own exclusively. Guarantees about the stability of /tmp cannot be
made.

Should I create a JIRA ticket for this?

Thanks,
Paul