activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza <>
Subject Model thread question
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:17:26 GMT

I'm using Apache ActiveMQ 5.8 and I've got a question about thread
model on consumer side
I don't know either there is a thread pool per MessageConsumer or
there is a only one thread

About this link

"The JMS contract is that only 1 session is used by one thread at once
- which if you're using consumers means that only 1 consumer can
receive messages at once if using the same session. So if you want
concurrent consumption of messages, you need to use different sessions
for each consumer."

But about this link

"The second thread layer consists of a pool of threads, where each
thread is associated with a javax.jms.MessageConsumer instance. Each
thread in this layer picks the
relevant messages out of the session queue, inserting each message
into a queue inside the javax.jms.MessageConsumer instance."

What is the true ?

is there a thread pool per MessageConsumer ? or is there a only one thread ?

Thanks and regards

View raw message