activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alberto Talavera <atalav...@gmail.com>
Subject Producer connections keep breaking
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 12:18:40 GMT
Hi,

We've been experiencing some trouble with producer connections being broken
and not recovering appropriately. Or that's what we've gathered...

We're using a PooledConnectionFactory with 100 max connections, where there
are 15 producers. The rest of the parameters are kept the default in the
factory. Both the driver and broker are 5.8.

At some point, producers get slowed down, a insert in the queue may take
from 500ms up to 4s where it's usually done in less than 100ms. The
datastore looks perfectly fit and the insertion ratio is obviously the
same, some 70 msgs/s.

There are no errors in the client and the only thing seen in the broker is
this:
2013-09-04 10:17:49,653 | WARN  | Transport Connection to: tcp://
10.101.4.19:38123 failed: java.io.IOException: Timer already cancelled. |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport | ActiveMQ NIO
Worker 556

This log keeps printing again and again when we experience this slowness.
The clients are configured with infinite exponential back off connection
retrying.

Do anyone have any idea on what's happening?
How could we debug this issue further?

Thanks!