activemq-users mailing list archives

From Steven Turner <steventurner...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NIO transport performance for ActiveMQ
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 09:01:37 GMT
Hey ceposta,

Why nio reduces number of threads for large number of connections and not
for small number, I think major advantage of nio transport is that it does
not create one thread per connection as TCP does. So i think even if there
are 5 clients it should reduce number of threads.
Another thing is even if it reduces clients with large number, can you
please specific about numbers, After how many clients we can see the
significant thread reduction.

Thanks,
Steven