activemq-users mailing list archives

From Francisco <...@iti.upv.es>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ exceptions after unespected shutdown. Queue not working.
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 07:49:35 GMT
Hi Claus,

I'm a Fernandez's colleague, and I'm also aware of the problem, so I can
give you more details about it. Here we go:
- Scenario:
   - We are using ActiveMQ 5.7
   - This specific queue has several producers (1-7) and only one consumer.
Each producer sends 100 messages per hour on average.

- The problem:
  - We experienced a power cut, and it affected the AMQ server.
  - After restarting, all the queues/topics but one, were behaving properly.
  - Basically, all the new messages were correctly enqueued, but none of
them were consumed, so the queue kept growing, and growing...

- The analysis:
  - As you can see in the log attached in the post, it looks like some of
the messages was corrupted and AMQ was constantly trying to send it to the
consumer, but with no success.
  - The real problem is that the corrupted message (or messages)prevented
all the new arrived messages from being consumed.

Then we tried to set the *archiveCorruptedIndex* property to "true", in the
hope that it will make AMQ drop the corrupted message and will allow AMQ to
continue the dispatching. But it didn't work:

Eventually, we "solved" the problem manually deleting all the messages from
the queue. From then on, all the sent messages were correctly consumed.
However, we (obviously) lost the messages that had already been queued.

So the questions are:
 - Is there anyway to prevent AMQ from blocking a queue in this kind of
situations?
 - Is there anyway to know which message caused this situation?
 - Is there anyway to tell AMQ to ignore the problematic message and
continue the dispatching?

Thanks in advance,
Francisco