activemq-users mailing list archives

From AlexP <apara-activ...@standardset.com>
Subject How to implement these somewhat conflicting requirements?
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 21:01:06 GMT
This question is a result of me realizing that there are somewhat conflicting
requirements that I need to implement using ActiveMQ 5.8.0 and I am not sure
if it's at all possible to get these requirements satisfied.

SCENARIO:
A backend server needs to send a message to a user accessing a web
application.

REQUIREMENTS:
1) If the user is not logged in, queue up the message and serve up later
(DURABLE subscription)

2) If the user is logged in and has multiple windows open, display the same
message in multiple windows (multiple consumers).

>From what I read, it is not possible to have multiple consumers on a DURABLE
subscription.  In fact, this is an issue resolve with JMS 2.0 with this
enhancement: https://java.net/jira/browse/JMS_SPEC-40

Is there anything in ActiveMQ that would allow me to implement multipole
consumers on a single durable subscription?  Alternatively, what version of
JMS does Apollo 1.6 implement?  Can I use Apollo to resolve this issue?

Thanks.
-AP_