activemq-users mailing list archives

From AlexP <apara-activ...@standardset.com>
Subject AMQ5.8.0: Strange consumer/producer dependency issue
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 00:33:57 GMT
I am just starting with ActiveMQ 5.8.0 and I have the REST example running,
however, if I put a message into a Queue or Topic before the consumer is up,
the consumer does not get the message.  If, on the other hand, I start the
consumer first and then post my message, then consumer sees the message.

So this works (the consumer waits, until a message is sent)

(start consumer => consumer waits for the message)
wget -qO-
"http://localhost:8161/api/message/TESTAAAAA?type=topic&clientId=consumerA"

(post message => consumer receives the message)
curl -d "body=ThisIsAtestMessage"
"http://localhost:8161/api/message/TESTAAAAA?type=topic"

This does not work (the consumer does not get the message):

(post message)
curl -d "body=ThisIsAtestMessage"
"http://localhost:8161/api/message/TESTAAAAA?type=topic"

(start consumer => consumer is waiting for the message, but does not see the
message just posted)
wget -qO-
"http://localhost:8161/api/message/TESTAAAAA?type=topic&clientId=consumerA"

So, if I put the message first, then consumer does not see that message when
started.  There is probably something basic that I am missing, but I am not
sure what setting to adjust.

Can someone point me toward the proper parameter that I may be missing?

Thanks.
-AP_