activemq-users mailing list archives

From pzuppelli <>
Subject Upgrade from 5.4.x
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 17:10:47 GMT
I'm in charge of the upgrade from version 5.4.2 to 5.8.0.
The changes were mostly straightforward but when I do a stress test I'm
getting a huge performance deficit in the new versions. Even when messages
are not being persisted.
I have a nice startup but after a little while, the performance decreases
I've got the following charts to show what I say...
for version 5.4.2...
as you can see, I'm getting quite a stable result, with 4k messages every
in the other hand.. with 5.8.0 (and 5.7.0, I've tried both versions with the
same result)
The broker's reaction keeps getting worse as the time continues.
Do you have any idea why this is happening?
Is there any configuration I'm missing?
Pedro Zuppelli