activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stop and resume message consuming
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 15:32:35 GMT
I think you're on the right track. As long as you're using exclusive
consumer, only one consumer will be actively consuming from the queue at a
time. You could use individual ack, or you could also use transacted
sessions. By not sending the ack back, your consumer will not proceed to
the next message. You could even set prefetch low (0 or 1) so that messages
don't get dispatched to the broker until the consumer has ack'd the