activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EXCEPTION - The Consumer has been Closed
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 18:13:28 GMT
On 08/16/2013 12:46 PM, SledgeHammer wrote:
> Haha :)
>
> Our scenario is that we have 200 consumers connecting to the server. They
> listen to the advisory queue so they know when queues are added / removed.
>
> Each producer creates two new queues. A send queue & a recv queue.
>
> When a queue is created, the consumers subscribe to it.
>
> Main work loop is to loop through the send queues and call ReceiveNoWait()
> w/ a prefetch of 1. So every queue gets serviced in a round robin fashion.
>
> Occasionally we get the "The Consumer has been Closed" exception.
>
> Does that just mean that I tried to call ReceiveNoWait() after the producer
> queue was deleted and before the client got the "queue deleted"
> notification?
>

> --

I can't really say since I don't know what your app is doing.  It sounds
like somewhere in your code another thread is closing your consumers and
your work loop isn't aware of it (race condition). The exception occurs
when you use any method on the Consumer instance after the close()
method has been called.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.