activemq-users mailing list archives

From SledgeHammer <>
Subject Re: Can you help with these exceptions??
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 20:10:27 GMT
The way our application is set up right now is that:

We have 200 consumers that can process jobs. A message is a single job (400k
of data as noted above). On start up, the consumer connects to the advisory
queue and monitors queue adds & deletes. When it gets a queue add
notification, it starts consuming messages from that queue (via
RecvNoWait()). It continues polling that queue until it gets a queue delete
notification. The consumer does its work and sends a response back (also
about 400k) via the corresponding response queue.

A Producer, upon start up creates 2 queues, a SendQueue and a Recv queue
(the consumers ignore the recv queues obviously). It posts its jobs to the
send queue and polls the response queue for responses. Upon a producer
shutting down, it will delete the 2 queues it created.

Right now, after about an hour or so, I have one producer that has sent/recv
43,000 msgs and one that has sent/recv about 1000.