activemq-users mailing list archives

From zackhasit <zackha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: High CPU on CMS application
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 00:03:45 GMT
Interestingly, threads are causing 5% increase mostly from unmarshal call
from openwire format but there is 20% increase in context switching
(vmstats). Profiler shows that all functions used for business logic/
processing (I mean functions of my program that were same before and after
AMQ implementation and have nothing to do with AMQ as such) have increased
CPU time significantly adding to another 15% increase. Even a call to new()
now takes twice more CPU.

Note: System in general is 90% idle so plenty of CPU otherwise.