activemq-users mailing list archives

From deepak_a <angesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: regarding use of Advisory messages for node failure in a Cluster
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:11:57 GMT
Hi,

May be I am not explaining properly.

My app connects to the Master or Slave based on the HostName/IP-Address.

Prior to clustering my app always connected to localhost/default-JMX-port
DEFAULT_MESSAGE_BUS_JMX_HOST = "localhost";
DEFAULT_MESSAGE_BUS_JMX_PORT = 19999;

Now with clustering my slave will become Primary and vice versa.
And as it stands - my app does not know which node's JMX to connect to.

*Note*: HA/HS itself is fine (I am able to get messages routed across
properly if master goes down), i.e. my ejb's have a fail-over set up, so
they connect to the right node/broker. i.e.
failover:(tcp://A.B.C.D:61616,tcp://E.F.G.H:61617)?randomize=false

regards