activemq-users mailing list archives

From deepak_a <angesh...@gmail.com>
Subject regarding use of Advisory messages for node failure in a Cluster
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 08:44:04 GMT
Hi,

My architecture uses Jboss+ActiveMQ (in integrated mode)
We have achieved HA (high availability) & HS (High Scalablity).

A high level design looks like the below
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Clustered-JBoss-and-JDBC-Master-Slave-td2348023.html#a2348028

Query is - when the primary node fails, the secondary node acquires a lock
on the database and becomes master (HA).

Is is possible to use Advisory messages - to let know my application as to
which node has gone down and which node has acquired the lock on the
database?

Our application displays the Queue statistics (count, depth of messages etc)
in  the UI
Intention is - if and when a node acquires a lock and becomes the Primary
node, I let the broker broadcast its IP address to the application so that -
the app can listen to *that* specific broker's JMX to get Queue/Topic
statistics.

Is this a right usage of Advisory messages?

regards