activemq-users mailing list archives

From retok <>
Subject Re: Stop and resume message consuming
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:20:58 GMT <>

I attached an example with a simple broker service, a producer and a
The producer simply sends 30 messages and the consumer does not acknowledge
every 3rd message.

The effect is, that the first time, message 1 and 2 get acked as expected.
Message 3 does not get acked as expected. But message 4 also gets through
and gets acked --> This should not happen.
I observed, that it only happens the first time after starting the test
apps, so after message 6, 9, 12, etc. it does not happen anymore.

I also observed, that I can prevent this from happening the first time, when
I stop() the consumer when a message is not acked and start() the consumer
after recovery (lines 72 and 101 in my example Might
this be the solution?