activemq-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Dulin <oleg.du...@gmail.com>
Subject Odd network of broker behavior with 5.8
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:26:21 GMT
I have two brokers set up on two servers. One is 10.194.2.1, the other
is 10.194.2.2 .

One of them has this in its config file:

          <networkConnectors>
                         <networkConnector name="2.1"
                                  uri="static:(tcp://10.194.2.1:3000)"
duplex="true" />
                 </networkConnectors>

I have clients connecting to these two brokers using "failover" schema,
i.e. failover:(tcp://10.194.2.1:3000,tcp://10.194.2.2:3000)

The clients start and end through out the day. They are desktop
applications for the most part.

What we are observing is very odd behavior with 10.194.2.1 (we think
that's the one). What seems to happen is that after awhile it either
stops accepting client connections, stops handlings the queues and
topics. No exceptions are thrown, nothing out of ordinary, it just
simply hangs in there when someone tries to establish a connection, and
when publishing messages it accepts them but doesn't forward them to
consumers.

I switched the setup temporarily to a single message broker. That
alleviated the symptoms.

However, I need to move this back to a 2-broker setup ASAP.

Am I doing something wrong ? Would be better off using two connections
as opposed to duplex ?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,