activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <>
Subject Re: Stomp Configuration
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2013 21:36:51 GMT
See inline...

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM, prgtrdr <> wrote:

> I'm a bit confused by the config for Stomp and have found seemingly
> conflicting info in the documentation.  Please help!
> I'm planning to have a stand-alone ActiveMQ server exposed to the public
> internet running on a Windows Server 2008 r2 (URL:
>  There
> will be several local clients running on the same machine as ActiveMQ
> (Javascript in an IE9 browser, and/or C# in a separate process) and several
> remote clients running either Javascript in various browsers and/or Python
> scripts ( It seems like there are two different options for
> configuring ActiveMQ:
> 1.  Using Stomp from a remote client browser you would use (in
> conf\activemq.xml):
>             <transportConnector name="websocket" uri="ws://>
> and when you connect from the remote Stomp client, the URI is:
>             ws://

This looks right when using a browser that supports websockets (most of
them : ) )

> 2.  Using Stomp locally (i.e., from the same machine as the broker):
>             <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="ws://>
> and when you connect from the local Stomp client, the URI is:
>             stomp://

Whenever you expose the transport using ws:// you're expecting a client to
use websockets. If the client wants to connect using just STOMP (not in the
browser), then you would expose the transport using stomp://
and the client would connect to tcp:// and use the stomp
protocol ( for example).

Give it a shot and let us know how it works!