activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting a Master broker in a MasterSlave configuration
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 11:48:54 GMT
the idea is that it will stop and restart and on a restart become a slave again.

What is keeping the java process up? Can you post a stack trace.

We have the logic in the jdbcIoExceptionHandler to stopConnectors and
restart when the lock can be required, but this kicks in when
keepAlive gets an exception, because the db has been restarted for example.
It may make sense to have this sort of failure option on keepAlive as
an option. So rather than fail with false (shutdown)
it can fail with an exception so that the IOException handler kicks in.

But for now, the question is  what is keeping the java process alive?