activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: creating a field to send with the topic id
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:04:41 GMT
On 07/27/2013 06:46 AM, dmc wrote:
> hi,
>
> from the c# example  given , and which works for me:
> http://activemq.apache.org/nms/examples.html
>
> how do i send a topic with lets say 1 extra field?
> for example a stock ticker plus an extra field for "last price"
>
> this would be a string array of 2 elements {"MSFT.N","50.00"}
> which i guess would be concatenated to make this a unique topic on the
> broker : ticker+lastprice.
>
> i couldnt find a method on the session object to support this.
>
> ITextMessage request = session.CreateTextMessage("Hello World!");

> --

Not entirely sure what you are trying to do.  If you want to have both
symbol and price in the Message a good way to do so is to add them as
message properties.  You wouldn't really want to create a new topic for
each symbol / price update, instead use a single Topic and listen for
updates there.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.