activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scheduled message not persisted
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:54:35 GMT
On 07/18/2013 09:39 AM, nrn wrote:
> I am a newbie here and I was trying to evaluate ActiveMQ for my SLA
> management program. The idea is to put a message in the queue with a DELAY
> value equal to the SLA.
> I just tried ActiveMQ - 5.8.0 in the Win32 standalone version and a simple
> java client (ConsumerTool.java) included with it.
> The messages with delay worked just fine when the broker is running
> consistently.
> I did use persistent messages which used internal KahaDB, but the messages
> failed partially if the broker is restarted
> Eg:
> (1) One message was put with a delay value of 1 minute
> (2) Another message was put with a delay value of 5 minutes
> The broker was restarted after 2 minutes. In this case, only the second (2)
> message was delivered after 5 minutes. The first (1) message was never
> delivered.
> Not sure if this is a bug or whether I am missing anything. Any help would
> be appreciated. Thanks
>

> --

This is currently the expected behavior since the broker wasn't running
at the time the Message would have been fired it doesn't deliver it once
its restarted.  There is an enhancement request already open for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4550 you're welcome to dive in
and submit a patch.

--
Tim Bish