activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NMS .NET 4.0 Sandbox Security Question
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:21:26 GMT
On 07/16/2013 10:15 AM, prgtrdr wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I think you meant to write that the
> http: and https: protocols are NOT currently supported in NMS, correct?
>
> Although I'm not familiar with the NMS internals, I'm happy to have a look
> at what it would take to implement them.  Can you point me in the right
> direction to give me a head start?  For example,
>
> 1. Would you use the Ajax API as a model?  I've struggled with it because of
> the servlet requirement, would that make it inappropriate for an NMS client
> that would not be running in a browser?
>
> 2.  What about the REST API?  Would NMS be able to keep a session alive
> between requests?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
>

> --

The best way to start would be to dissect how the current activemq http
transport works, see the code in activemq-http.  You would create an
http transport for NMS doing something similar, streaming the openwire
commands over http as XML transformed objects. ActiveMQ uses XStream,
you could use .NET transformations, I recall seeing a blog posting
somewhere covering how to make the XML transformation in .NET produce
XStream compatible code.  On the NMS client end you also need a small
HTTP server running to allow activemq to send you HTTP Get requests etc.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.

www.camelone.org : The open source integration conference: