activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMQP and Node.js
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:45:50 GMT
On 07/15/2013 08:55 PM, James Carr wrote:
> I would raise an issue on the original github project so it can get added.

That is certainly a good idea...

> node-amqp should be a one stop place for working with amqp rather than
> having to make a bunch of modules for each concrete implementation.

...and this would be great.

The only issue is that node-amqp supports an old version of AMQP and the
difference between that and 1.0 is pretty significant. It would not be a
small amount of work to update it and it would likely affect the current
API which is quite 0-8/0-9-1 specific.

What would be even better in some ways would be a common JS API for
which different protocols (AMQP, MQTT, STOMP) or implementations were
available and which you could use either from node or over websockets in
the browser.