activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Starting with AMQ+AMQP 1.0+QPID Proton
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 18:03:08 GMT
On 07/08/2013 06:52 PM, Christian Posta wrote:
> Don't think messenger API supports using filters/selectors.

It does not (neither directly through the API, nor through any special
syntax in the addresses).

Is it possible to express a selector in the string passed to
ActiveMQDestination.createDestination()? I assumed not, but I don't know
what the UnresolvableDestinationTransformer is capable of.

I think that may have been what Pablo was hoping for?

> Might have to ask on their mailing list.
>
> You can definitely do it with the proton apis however since the jms impl
> does it :)

There are two 'parts' to the proton toolkit and the protocol engine does
provide access to filters (thats what ActiveMQ uses to get at them
also), but the messenger does not.

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/qpid/trunk/qpid/java/amqp-1-0-client-jms/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/amqp_1_0/jms/impl/MessageConsumerImpl.java?view=markup

(That doesn't actually use proton.)