activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Starting with AMQ+AMQP 1.0+QPID Proton
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 16:59:17 GMT

>>> amqp://127.0.0.1/route?header.**priority%3E5<http://127.0.0.1/route?header.priority%3E5>
>>> amqp://127.0.0.1/route?**transport.transformer=jms&**priority=E5<http://127.0.0.1/route?transport.transformer=jms&priority=E5>
>>> amqp://127.0.0.1/route?**transport.transformer=jms&**priority%3E5<http://127.0.0.1/route?transport.transformer=jms&priority%3E5>
>>> amqp://127.0.0.1/route?**transport.transformer=jms&**header.priority=E5<http://127.0.0.1/route?transport.transformer=jms&header.priority=E5>
>>> amqp://127.0.0.1/route?**transport.transformer=jms&**header.priority%3E5<http://127.0.0.1/route?transport.transformer=jms&header.priority%3E5>
>>>

>> First, I don't believe the the Qpid Proton Messenger API (which I assume
>> from the subject is what you are using?) provides any way to set a filter
>> on attach.
>>

> In deed, there is no Proton API for doing that, so I guessed it will be
> only available using parameters in AMQP address.

It isn't available that way either. The filter is a specific field on
the source for the attach request and the proton-c messenger only ever
sets the address on the source, never the filter.

>> Second, though I could be wrong as I too am new to ActiveMQ, it also looks
>> like the AMQP transport for ActiveMQ does not support the selector filter
>> extension(?). Certainly in my experiments it doesn't apply any filtering.
>>

> I don't know so, I did several trys but the only thing I need to do is find
> in the source code of ActiveMQ.

Turns out I was indeed wrong (all too common I'm afraid)! Your
suggestion to look at the source code showed that ActiveMQ _does_
support a filter, but it requires the name to be jms-selector (and
doesn't care about the descriptor used).

(Also the filter supported uses JMS names rather than the translated
names for AMQP as described in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/specs/apache-filters.xml#type-selector-filter,

e.g. in this case the selector would be 'JMSPriority > 5', which does
indeed work as expected).