activemq-users mailing list archives

From rsteppac <ralf.steppac...@derivativepartners.com>
Subject Re: Consumer queues for virtual topics do not receive messages
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 05:41:03 GMT
Yes, I have a subscriber per advisory topic on the server. I am not using the
scheduler (not knowingly anyways).
I thought the log output might be related because we see messages sent to
the topic occasionally never hit some subscribers; at the same time the
MBean for the subscriber queue shows a small amount of expired messages.
That the two effects, missing a beat and message expiration, are related is
just an assumption so far...

The producers and consumers are all started through Camel using the ActiveMQ
compoment. Does that answer your question about the kind of
producers/consumers?
In production we deal with about 60 million messages over a 12hour business
day. The size of the high volume messages is about 2.5kb. We have some low
volume messages (the ones put on the virtual topics) where the sizes range
between 1 and 10kb.

Ralf