activemq-users mailing list archives

From rsteppac <ralf.steppac...@derivativepartners.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ stalls once "Temp percent used" >= 100
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 05:05:02 GMT
We only use non-persistent messages and there should not be any messages
expiring on my development server (the stats on the MBean confirm this). To
be on the save side I changed my destination policies to what is posted
below, but it did not change the behavior of the server once tmp space usage
hit 100%.
One more note: I am producing messages to 3 queues. Each queue has 3 conc.
consumers. With the memory settings I posted above and the number of
messages I use for testing this, the consumers drain 2 of the 3 queues
completely, but the 3rd queue sees no de-queues at all. Which of the 3
queues is "stuck" changes over time.

<destinationPolicy>
    <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>
            <policyEntry topic="&gt;" producerFlowControl="false">
                <pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                    <fileCursor/>
                </pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                <deadLetterStrategy>
                    <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false"
processNonPersistent="false"/>
                </deadLetterStrategy>
            </policyEntry>
            <policyEntry queue="&gt;" producerFlowControl="false">
                <pendingQueuePolicy>
                    <fileQueueCursor/>
                </pendingQueuePolicy>
                <deadLetterStrategy>
                    <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false"
processNonPersistent="false"/>
                </deadLetterStrategy>
            </policyEntry>
            <policyEntry tempQueue="true" producerFlowControl="false">
                <pendingQueuePolicy>
                    <fileQueueCursor/>
                </pendingQueuePolicy>
                <deadLetterStrategy>
                    <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false"
processNonPersistent="false"/>
                </deadLetterStrategy>
            </policyEntry>
            <policyEntry tempTopic="true" producerFlowControl="false">
                <pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                    <fileCursor/>
                </pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                <deadLetterStrategy>
                    <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false"
processNonPersistent="false"/>
                </deadLetterStrategy>
            </policyEntry>
        </policyEntries>