activemq-users mailing list archives

From nrn <padmanarayanan...@tcs.com>
Subject Scheduled message not persisted
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:39:14 GMT
I am a newbie here and I was trying to evaluate ActiveMQ for my SLA
management program. The idea is to put a message in the queue with a DELAY
value equal to the SLA.
I just tried ActiveMQ - 5.8.0 in the Win32 standalone version and a simple
java client (ConsumerTool.java) included with it.
The messages with delay worked just fine when the broker is running
consistently.
I did use persistent messages which used internal KahaDB, but the messages
failed partially if the broker is restarted
Eg:
(1) One message was put with a delay value of 1 minute
(2) Another message was put with a delay value of 5 minutes
The broker was restarted after 2 minutes. In this case, only the second (2)
message was delivered after 5 minutes. The first (1) message was never
delivered.
Not sure if this is a bug or whether I am missing anything. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks