activemq-users mailing list archives

From windeyu <wind...@hotmail.com>
Subject Messages lost?! Need help on debugging.
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 00:05:42 GMT
We've been running some loads on our network of brokers using ActiveMQ 5.8.0.
We have a data verification tool to make sure all messages were received.
Occasionally but not always we had data inconsistency.  I tracked down and
it seemed some messages were not delivered.  I added the following setting
to turned on the logging.

            <loggingBrokerPlugin logConsumerEvents="true"
logProducerEvents="true"/>

I compared logs for the successful delivery vs. the logs for the
unsuccessful ones.  On the successful message delivery, I got the following
sequence, tracked by the session ID.

1) Adding Session
2) Adding Producer
3) Sending message
4) preProcessDispatch
5) Removing Producer
6) postProcessDispatch
7) Removing Session
8) Acknowledging message for client ID

However, on the unsuccessful message delivery, the sequence is short.
1) Adding Session
2) Adding Producer
3) Sending message
4) Removing Producer
5) Removing Session

There were no preProcessDispatch/postProcessDispatch/Acknowledging logs for
the unsuccessful delivery.  There was no network outage because the next
messages were delivered fine.  Could someone point me what and where else I
should go look to identify the potential problem cause?

My network connector for this broker where the messages were sent is this:

<networkConnector name="to-center"
uri="static:(tcp://198.37.95.62:61616?keepAlive=true&amp;wireFormat.tightEncodingEnabled=false&amp;wireFormat.cacheEnabled=false,tcp://198.37.95.63:61616?keepAlive=true&amp;wireFormat.tightEncodingEnabled=false&amp;wireFormat.cacheEnabled=false)?initialReconnectDelay=10000&amp;useExponentialBackOff=false">

Thanks!
-Edwin