activemq-users mailing list archives

From prgtrdr <>
Subject Stomp Configuration
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 23:46:00 GMT
I'm a bit confused by the config for Stomp and have found seemingly
conflicting info in the documentation.  Please help!

I'm planning to have a stand-alone ActiveMQ server exposed to the public
internet running on a Windows Server 2008 r2 (URL:  There
will be several local clients running on the same machine as ActiveMQ
(Javascript in an IE9 browser, and/or C# in a separate process) and several
remote clients running either Javascript in various browsers and/or Python
scripts ( It seems like there are two different options for
configuring ActiveMQ:

1.  Using Stomp from a remote client browser you would use (in
            <transportConnector name="websocket" uri="ws://>
and when you connect from the remote Stomp client, the URI is:

2.  Using Stomp locally (i.e., from the same machine as the broker):
            <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="ws://>
and when you connect from the local Stomp client, the URI is:

Does this look right?  Is it necessary to use ws: from the remote machine
and stomp: from the local machine?  What URI would you use if you were
connecting from a remote Python script (running

Thanks in advance for any help.