activemq-users mailing list archives

From hbakkum <hayden.bak...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting a Master broker in a MasterSlave configuration
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 22:36:43 GMT
Hi,

I have set up ActiveMQ in a JDBC MasterSlave configuration. I have a use
case where it would be useful to mark a broker as the "Master" broker which
would always take a lock if it was owned by a slave. Is there anyway of
doing this or something similar, e.g. some sort of order of precedence when
brokers compete for the lock?

I would be able to achieve this perhaps by restarting the slaves when the
"Master" is available but does not hold the lock, however it would be much
cleaner if I could just configure a master broker which always takes the
lock.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Hayden.