activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <>
Subject Re: Master/Slave works but no data is exchanged between the nodes (MySQL backend)
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 23:17:57 GMT
Why is B1 connected to itself, and B2 is also connected to itself?

Not sure what exactly the network topology is you're going for. But just
sending messages by itself won't cause anything to be forwarded (unless you
explicitly specify static destinations). In general, to rely on the dynamic
demand forwarding, you must have consumers on one of the brokers to
establish the demand.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Clement Buisson <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to setup a cluster of ActiveMQ servers (5.8). So far, I have 4
> nodes:
> A1 which has its networkConnector set to
> masterslave:(tcp://B1:62626,tcp://B2:62627)
> B1: masterslave:(tcp://B1:62626,tcp://B2:62627)
> A2: masterslave:(tcp://A1:61616,tcp://B2:61617)
> B2: masterslave:(tcp://A1:61616,tcp://B2:61617)
> I can see in the logs that all of these 4 servers can talk to each others,
> they noticed when a Master goes down and are switching to the slave
> automatically, which is cool.
> But, they never exchange any data! When I send a new topic/queue to one of
> the masters, the message goes nowhere else, it sits on that host and none
> of the others nodes are aware of it. Interestingly, nothing goes to the
> activemq database either, the ActiveMQ process creates the tables when it
> starts so the process can reach the database.
> Not sure what to look for now. I did a bunch of Googling without success.
> Anyone has any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Clement

*Christian Posta*