activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Activemq on amazon ec2
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 14:30:06 GMT
free-tier might be fine for testing... but i guess you would know best what
your requirements are.

I would download activemq, untar it to a directory on an ec2 machine, start
it up, and try to connect to it from producer or consumer. Keep in mind the
correct dns name or IP address to use (which you can see from ec2 console)
and that your security profile allows you to connect to activemq's default
tcp port (61616).

>From there you can run your own application benchmarks to determine your
application needs and which ec2 environment would be best suited.