activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to delete a persistent message
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:42:18 GMT
Messages are logically deleted, in that they will no longer be associated
with a destination, and the index tracks that. However, as for their
appearance on disk, they will live in the journal file until the journal
file is deleted, which happens automatically at defined intervals. You can
alter the frequency it checks for cleanup with <kahaDB cleanup="time"/>
property. If you don't want them auto removed, you can even archive them.
If you're running into a situation where the number of log files you have
grows unbounded, then there's a reason why those logs are staying around,
ie, the contents aren't unused (messages not being ack'd)?

http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html