activemq-users mailing list archives

From afant <>
Subject Re: Retry connection on broker start when database is unavailable
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:35:07 GMT
I just tried the 5.9 nightly snapshot.  On my broker I set
restartAllowed="true".  Then, I tried to start the broker while the database
was down, and the broker still failed to start.  I saw a restart was
triggered by the default IO exception handler, and since the database was
still down a RuntimeException was thrown ("Failed to execute start task.
Reason: java.lang.IllegalStateException: BeanFactory not initialized or
already closed - call 'refresh' before accessing beans via the

The desired behavior would be to just continue to retry the database
connection.  I even tried adding retryconnection parameters to mysql url ex: