activemq-users mailing list archives

From manua <agarwal.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Slow Consumer slows down the producer
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:12:46 GMT
Hi,

I am using ActiveMQ 5.8.0 and publishing messages on a topic, on which there
is a slow consumer. Approx. 8000 messages are published at a interval of 1
minute. All messages are sent all together. I have set the
constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit to "50000" in the conf file and
prefetch in the consumer is 10000, but even after first 8000 messages are
published, the publisher is slowed down and the broker cpu usage also
reaches to 200%. The destination policy settings from my activemq.xml are as
below. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong with the conf
settings or what else could be the reason for such behavior.

<destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
              <policyEntries>
                <policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="true">

                  <pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
                    <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="50000"/>
                  </pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
                </policyEntry>
                <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="2gb">

                </policyEntry>
              </policyEntries>
            </policyMap>