activemq-users mailing list archives

From deepak_a <>
Subject activeMQ clustering (integrated with JBoss)
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:08:07 GMT

I have JBoss+activeMQ running in an integrated mode.
Originally the plan was to have a single instance of JBoss running.
now we plan to run this in a clustered environment.

As per
I am going ahead with the 'Farming Deployment'

With this design there will be multiple instance of Jboss (integrated with
activeMQ) all sharing a common database.

As per the JBoss documentation - 'Farming Deployment' by default ensures
that each node is aware of the other nodes.
Does this mean - each of the activeMQ (within the JBoss) must know of each
other as well?
I read the above link but that doesn't seem to explain the design I am
planning to go-ahead with.

Since the activeMQ brokers are going to share the database - isn't it
necessary for them to be aware of each other? if yes how to do this?