activemq-users mailing list archives

From fenbers <>
Subject Failover emits unwanted message on closing
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:57:08 GMT
Due to ongoing network issues, we find it necessary to reboot ActiveMQ
occasionally.  Previously, clients had to be started as well to reestablish
a connection with the newly rebooted broker.  So now I implemented the
failover feature so that the clients can automatically reconnect with the
broker without a restart.  This works very well, but one thing that happens
now is that closing a client intentionally (with an orderly shutdown of the
ActiveMQ connection) still emits a logger message written to the
/failover.FailoverTransport: (tcp:// failed, reason:, not attempting to automatically reconnect/

I'm glad it's not trying to automatically reconnect, because it's my
intention to close the client, but what am I doing improperly that causes
this message to be emitted whenever I close the client?  No stack trace is
produced.  To shutdown the connection, I call this close() method:

Any ideas?