activemq-users mailing list archives

From pollotek <claudio.sant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KahaDB corruption
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:21:58 GMT
So your proposed fix is to remove the corrupted log file and restart the
brokers?

I would lose the messages in those files if I did that. These files contain
messages from different queues that are handled by on the same broker (I
wouldn't build a new broker master/slave pair per queue type). Message
Ordering would be also be lost and it would be next to impossible for my app
to identify and re-create the messages that were lost and re-inject them
into the queue. And even the effort of writing such logic would be
absolutely not cost efficient.

I don't think your solution is something I'm comfortable with at all. If I
was ok with losing messages, I'd rather make my broker non-persistent and
forget about this whole issue.