activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Nikkels <jeroen.nikk...@infor.com>
Subject image datatype deprecated for future sqlserver versions
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 07:56:22 GMT
I'm using ActiveMQ (5.7) with sqlserver persistence, using the jtds jdbc
driver. I see that the JDBCAdapter being used is derived from
ImageBasedJDBCAdapter, which means that binary data is stored with datatype
'image'. On MSDN I read that the image datatype will be deprecated in the
future: see  MSDN <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187993.aspx>  .

Wouldn't it be better to start using varbinary(max) instead of image? I did
not find a way to customize that with the current ActiveMQ version. I tried
to change Statements, but ImageBasedJDBCAdapter seems to override my change
and always use 'image'. Should I write my own adapter?

Hope someone can help...

Regards,
Jeroen